We always, always stock up on eggs. But as much as we buy… they always go so… freakin… fast.
I mean, you can do SO MUCH with them… cook, bake, add to smoothies, and have them on their own! But I wanted to try something a little different… and here it is. Eggs in clouds! (Omg… aren’t they the CUTEST?!!! *squeee!*)
The whites are whipped (reminds me of cloud bread) and the eggs are then baked, making a quick & yummy breakfast!
For this one, I only folded some parm into the whites… but you can add bacon, chives, and whatever else you love into it before baking! Try it!
Eggs in Clouds
- 4 eggs
- 1/2 tsp cream of tartar
- 1/4 cup grated parmesan or use your favorite cheese
- 1/4 cup chopped chives optional
- 1/4 cup crumbled bacon optional
- Preheat oven to 450° and grease a large baking sheet with cooking spray.
- Separate egg whites and yolks, placing egg whites in a large bowl and yolks (careful not to break them!) in a separate bowl.
- Add cream of tartar to egg whites and beat until stiff peaks form, 3 minutes. Gently fold in Parmesan and season with salt and pepper.
- Spoon 8 scoops of egg whites to prepared baking sheet and indent centers to form nests. Bake until lightly golden, about 3 minutes.
- Carefully spoon 1 egg yolk into center of each nest and season with salt and pepper. Bake until yolks are just set, about 3 minutes more.
- Sprinkle with pepper. Serve immediately!
|Mmmm… Try this recipe?
Tag @itscarmentime on Instagram
with hashtag #itscarmentime
P.S. Lemme know what you think!
Carmen is a mom, certified professional life strategist, breakup recovery coach, religion teacher, best selling author, foodie wannabe, and advocate for victims of narcissistic abuse. She is currently living la vida loca in Vegas with her not-so-little human… while pseudo-adulting, Tahitian dancing, and exploring the delicious world of bubble tea *woo!*