I add chia seeds into pretty much everything… from smoothies, overnight oats, pancakes, and nice cream. These babies are mini powerhouses packing more calcium than milk, more antioxidants than blueberries and more Omega-3 than Salmon! #brainfood
Queue Chia Pet commercial jingle… “Ch-ch-ch-Chia!”
Mmmhmmm… these are the same CHIA seeds that magically sprout glorious green fur/hair/grassy-things on those terracotta figurines we all know and (sorta) love!
However, don’t start snacking on your Chia Pets just yet because apparently they’re not approved for consumption.
Alright, enough of that… ready to create some happiness?
Easy Chia Seed Pudding
- 2 cups almond milk
- ½ cup Chia Seeds
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- ¼ cup maple syrup or sweetener of your choice - honey, dates, Stevia, etc.
- Whisk all ingredients together.
- Pour into jar or glass container, cover and place in refrigerator for at least 4 hours (preferably overnight) to let seeds gel.
- Serve with fruit, nuts, coconut flakes, drizzle chocolate, nut butter, or fruit sauce... whatever you want!
|Mmmm… Try this recipe?
Tag @itscarmentime on Instagram
with hashtag #itscarmentime
P.S. Lemme know what you think!
Carmen is a mom, certified professional life strategist, breakup recovery coach, religion teacher, best selling author, foodie wannabe, and advocate for victims of narcissistic abuse. She is currently living la vida loca in Vegas with her not-so-little human… while pseudo-adulting, Tahitian dancing, and exploring the delicious world of bubble tea *woo!*