Mmmm… bread. Omg I love them. Especially freshly baked bread… *drool* Sadly, I am unable to enjoy them like I used to because foods like bread, rice, and pasta now just makes me feel weighed down, and I don’t like that draggy feeling AT – ALL.
Sooo… I was overjoyed to have stumbled upon this most delightful LOW-CARB bread… I mean, CLOUD BREAD! Only three ingredients… no lie!!! And they’re soooo fluffy aaand DELICIOUS!!!
(And they don’t make me feel draggy = happy Carmen!!! 🙂 )
I’ve seen these used for sandwiches and even burgers… we like to spread homemade strawberry or blackberry jam on them (omg… sooo delish!!!)… but usually have them as is because they’re THAT good!
Cloud Bread - Low Carb, Just 3 Ingredients!
- 3 eggs separated
- 3 tablespoons whole milk cottage cheese or cream cheese
- 1/4 teaspoon cream of tartar
- 1 packet artificial sweetener OPTIONAL - I used stevia
- Preheat oven to 300 degrees F
- Very carefully separate the eggs. There must be NO YOLK in the whites.
- In a medium sized bowl, mix together the EGG YOLKS, Cottage/Cream Cheese and sweetener (optional) until smooth.
- In another bowl (metal or glass - NEVER plastic for beating egg whites!) add 1/4 tsp cream of tartar to EGG WHITES and mix on high speed until they are fluffy and form stiff peaks.
- Gently fold egg yolk mixture into egg whites until mixed. Careful not break down the fluffiness of the egg whites too much.
- Spray two cookie sheets with cooking spray.
- Scoop the mixture into 10 even rounds on sheets (about the size of a hamburger bun).
- Bake on middle rack for 30 minutes or until golden brown.
- Remove from oven and cool on a rack or cutting board.
|Mmmm… Try this recipe?
Tag @itscarmentime on Instagram
with hashtag #itscarmentime
P.S. Lemme know what you think!
Carmen is a mom, certified professional life strategist, breakup recovery coach, religion teacher, best selling author, foodie wannabe, and advocate for victims of narcissistic abuse. She is currently living la vida loca in Vegas with her not-so-little human… while pseudo-adulting, Tahitian dancing, and exploring the delicious world of bubble tea *woo!*