So, I’ve been invited to participate in their Extended Family Blogger Program, and I was so excited to receive my very first monthly review shipment this morning. Seriously… we go thru cans of Spam like it’s nobody’s business, so I think this was a match made in heaven.
Anyway, I’m not all that familiar with their other products, so you have no idea how happy I was to find the most beautiful package of Hormel Black Label Bacon in the shipment! Wait… They make BACON? #SCORE!!!
Coincidentally (again, I take this as a sign from above), Chocolate Covered Bacon was featured on Food Network recently, so that’s the first thing I made with these gems:
It’s the perfect marriage of sweet, salty, crispiness! OMG I know I was just raving about how I’d marry those yummy Reese’s Peanut Butter Cup Oreos if I could, but he’s been demoted a level, because I would say, “Yes!” to chocolate covered bacon anyday!
Chocolate Covered Bacon!
- Bacon. I used Hormel's Black Label Bacon
- Semi-Sweet Chocolate. I used semi-sweet chocolate chips usually found in the baking aisle at your grocery store.
- Cook bacon in pan until crisp. Then transfer cooked bacon onto paper towel to drain oil and completely cool.
- Melt chocolate chips. I did it in the microwave because I was in a rush to taste this, but a double boiler will work too.
- Dip bacon in melted chocolate and allow to set. Again, I didn't have the patience to wait, so I chilled them in the freezer to speed up the process.
I’ve partnered with Hormel Foods as part of their Extended Family Blogger Program. While Hormel Foods provides me material and necessary resources to complete various activities, all statements and sentiment in GirlPlusFood.com are my own!
P.S. Lemme know what you think!
Carmen is a mom, certified professional life strategist, breakup recovery coach, religion teacher, best selling author, foodie wannabe, and advocate for victims of narcissistic abuse. She is currently living la vida loca in Vegas with her not-so-little human… while pseudo-adulting, Tahitian dancing, and exploring the delicious world of bubble tea *woo!*