So if you’re familiar with me and my son at all, you probably know that my child is not a fan of “boxed cereal” for breakfast. I don’t know why… I can enjoy a bowl or three of Kellogg’s Krave Cereal for all my meals.
But that doesn’t mean he doesn’t appreciate a yummy, freshly made breakfast crepe made with one of those boxed, “just add water” pancake mixes! (Or maybe he’s not aware of the “boxed” part… shhhhh!)
Anyway, these babies are so quick and simple to make! Check it out…
I used the Krusteaz brand buttermilk pancake mix. Combine a cup of the mix with a cup of milk and 2 eggs, then…
1. Lightly butter a small skillet over medium heat.
2. Pour a little bit of the batter into the skillet.
3. When you see a bunch of little bubbles form (about 1-1.5 minutes)…
4. Flip that bad boy over and cook for another minute (give or take a few seconds).
5. We filled one crepe with vanilla yogurt & M&M’s like so…
6. And another with scrambled eggs and sharp cheddar cheese…
We made about 10 crepes total!! Enjoy!!
Easy Breakfast Crepes!
- 1 cup Krusteaz Heart Healthy Buttermilk Pancake Mix
- 1 cup nonfat milk I used whole millk
- 2 egg whites I used the yolk too
- In medium bowl, whisk together pancake mix, milk, and eggs until blended.
- Heat small skillet over medium heat and lightly grease (I used butter).
- Pour slightly less than 1/4 cup batter per crepe into skillet. Cook from 1 to 1.5 minutes on each side.
- Transfer to serving plate and fill with your choice of fillings!
P.S. Lemme know what you think!
Carmen is a mom, certified professional life strategist, breakup recovery coach, religion teacher, best selling author, foodie wannabe, and advocate for victims of narcissistic abuse. She is currently living la vida loca in Vegas with her not-so-little human… while pseudo-adulting, Tahitian dancing, and exploring the delicious world of bubble tea *woo!*