We’re huge mashed potato fans… especially when it’s made with cream cheese and garlic!!! But I’ve seen mashed cauliflower recipes all over the interwebz and thought I’d give it a shot for a possible alternative to the beloved potato…
Let me tell you… it was all kinds of creamy, roasted garlicky goodness! DELICIOUS!
Quick & Simple Creamy Garlic Mashed Cauliflower
- 1 large cauliflower
- 2 ounces cream cheese
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons roasted minced garlic
- salt to taste
- shredded sharp cheddar cheese and chopped fresh chives for garnish
- Wash the cauliflower. Break into florets.
- Boil florets in salted water until tender. Drain well.
- Puree hot cauliflower with cream cheese, garlic, and pepper in a bowl with an immersion blender, or food processor until almost smooth.
- Garnish with shredded sharp cheddar cheese and fresh chives if desired.
P.S. Lemme know what you think!
Carmen is a mom, certified professional life strategist, breakup recovery coach, religion teacher, best selling author, foodie wannabe, and advocate for victims of narcissistic abuse. She is currently living la vida loca in Vegas with her not-so-little human… while pseudo-adulting, Tahitian dancing, and exploring the delicious world of bubble tea *woo!*