The thing was, I selected only 1 bag of these things (I chose the 5-bag option) and finished it while watching last Sunday’s episode of The Walking Dead. (Srsly… I sat to watch the show with JRoc, and the bag was suddenly empty… it was weird!)
Anyway, we were totally craving for more and didn’t want to have to wait for next month’s delivery, so I decided to make my own batch… and OHHHEMMMGEEE… making your own is so much better because you get to adjust exactly how spicy/sweet you want them!
They’re super simple to make and lookie how they turned out!!!
Sweet & Spicy Sriracha Cashews!
- ¼ cup packed light brown sugar
- 1 Tablespoon Sriracha sauce
- 1 inch piece of fresh ginger finely grated
- 1.5 cups cashews
- 1 Tablespoon white sesame seeds
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- In small pan over medium high heat, combine brown sugar, Sriracha sauce, and ginger, stirring frequently until the sugar melts (about 5 minutes).Remove from heat.
- Pour cashews into mixing bowl. Drizzle the sugar mixture over the cashews and stir well to evenly coat them. Add sesame seeds and stir again to combine.
- Spread cashews out on baking sheet and bake until crisp (about 15-20 minutes), stirring every 5 minutes. Note: to prevent cashews from sticking, spray the baking sheet with non-stick spray, or line baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Let the nuts cool on the baking sheet.
P.S. Lemme know what you think!
Carmen is a mom, certified life strategist, breakup recovery coach, religion teacher, best selling author, foodie wannabe, and advocate for victims of narcissistic abuse. She is currently living la vida loca in Vegas with her not-so-little human… while pseudo-adulting, Tahitian dancing, and exploring the delicious world of bubble tea *woo!*